Lippo Group executive Billy Sindoro stood trial Tuesday in a bribery case which prosecutors said he initiated to convince an antimonopoly agency ro rule in his favor in a dispute over the right to broadcast English Premier League matches. Corruption Eradication Commission prosecutors said in their indictment the defendant had taken part in formulating the Business Competition Supervisory board (KPPU) ruling to help Lippo subsidiary company PT Direct Vision retain broadcasting rights.He was charged with bribery and gratuity and could face a maximum sentence of 5 years in prison. Billy had not held a position at any of Lippo Group's companies since July 8, 2008
I heard Billy Sindoro was a great guy. He was a high-classed person in the Lippo bank. I also heard he was a really nice guy. Well, from what I heard, this is really sad. It's always sad when somebody who people think is good suddenly did something awful like this.
Question:
1. Why do you think he stopped working in Lippo Bank?
2. Do you think he stepped down on his own will or the company asked him to? Explain.
3. Do you think he was doing this for the company's good? Explain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hello,
I had never heard of Billy Sindoro, so I am glad that you knew something about him before his name became newspaper material.
If I had more knowledge of his background, I would be able to give better informed answers to your questions.
Can you tell me what you knew about Billy Sindoro before you read about his trial in the paper?
Why did you think he was a nice guy?
MLC Anchor
Well, this is the first time I heard of Billy Sindoro.
So I think Billy Sindoro stooped work from Lippo Bank, beacuse of he went in to the jail, so Billy also went out from Lippo Bank.
Maybe he did it by his own stepped. Maybe his company did not involve in this problem.
If someone corrupt he/she will does it for his/her own. So, Billy Sindoro did it for his own.
Thank you...
...From EP...
Post a Comment